- In 1998, University of Management and Economics called “Battambang High Education Center (BHEC)” was established by a founder, Mr. TUN PHEAKDEY who has just graduated from Moharusyveda University, Prey Veng, Cambodia. This center was located in the southern part of SOR HUR Secondary School along side the west bank of Sangke River. In that time, BHEC had only one teacher and also 25 students, who were trained on the associate degrees such as: Accounting, Marketing, Management and other short-courses.
- In 2000, BHEC was changed into Institute of Management and Economics (IME) recognized and approved officially by sub-degree No. 43 អនក្រ.បក issued on July 17th, 2000 by Samdach Hun Sen, a Prime Minister of Cambodia.
- In 2003, Institute of Management and Economics, Kampong Cham Branch has establish in Kampong Cham Province which recognized and approved officially by ប្រកាសលេខ 221 អយក.ប្រក issued on February 26th, 2004. Currently UME Kampong Cham Branch is located at National Road 7, Boeng Snay Village, Sangkat Sambour Meas, Kampong Cham City and Kampong Cham Province.
- In 2006, According to the number of the students increasing rapidly, IME was inversed from IME to UME (University of Managment and Economics) which recognized and approved by sub-degree No. 25 អនក្រ.បក issued on March 07th, 2006 by Royal Cambodian Government.
University of Management and Economics is committed to educating students with quality, competency, and morality in both national and international context.
UME is committed to developing and building up human resources with professional skills and precised research sufficiency with quality, competency to enhance and uplift the national glory and social economic through education, national and international cooperation by standing on the principles of peace, good governance and non-violence.
- To increase the knowledge in management, good governance, accountability and transparency in tertiary.
- To increase curiculum paralleling to the market demands.
- To develop the capacity of the staff and teachers.
- To increase the research in scientific and social-science fields.
- To strengthen the quality of students’s study.
- To strengthen the quality of teachers’s teaching.
- To cult the implementation as group work efficiently.
- To provide the scholarship for undergraduates.
- To continue to assure the quality of the students’s study.
- To increase learning-materials and physical plants.
- To increase education services.
- To enlarge the students’employment on the career market.
- To engage and promote in communities.
- To insure the budget manangment effectively.
- To assure the internal qulaity assessment with transparency and untrendy.
Quality, Bravness, Courage, Moral and National Consciousness.